| 栏目:走进英语世界
实用英语会话
北京盲人 晨光
Unit 11 Making Telephone Calls
第十一单元 打电话
在这一单元中,我们将学习电话用语。英美人的电话用语和我国很不相同,我们在和他们通话时必须熟悉他们的电话习惯用语。
Part 1 Easy Colloquial Expressions
第一部分 简易用语
1. May I speak to Mr. Smith, please?
史密斯先生在吗?(我可以和史密斯先生通话吗?)
2. Yes, wait a minute, please.
在,请等一下。
3. I'm sorry, Mr. Smith is out. Who is speaking, please?
对不起,史密斯先生出去了,您贵姓?
4. Yes, This is Lily speaking.
我就是。
5. Hold on, please.
请别挂电话。
6. Would you like to leave a message?
你愿意留言吗?
7. Would you please tell Mr. Smith I called?
请您告诉史密斯先生,我给他打过电话,好吗?
8. You're wanted on the telephone.
有电话找你。
9. Who is this? I don't recognize your voice.
谁呀?我听不出您的声音。
10. What number should' I dial to get the operator?
找接线员我该拨什么号码?
11. I want to make a long distance call.
我要打个长途电话。
12. I tried to call Mr. Chen , but the line was busy .
我想给陈先生打个电话,但一直占线。
13. The telephone is ringing , would you answer it , please?
电话铃响了,请您接一下好吗?
14. Put the receiver closer to your mouth , please. I can't hear it
clearly.
请把电话筒靠近你嘴边一些,我听不清你的话。
15. Would you mind calling back sometime tomorrow?
明天什么时候请您回我一个电话,好吗?
16. He should be off the line any minutes now.
他应该快打完那个电话了。
17. I have to hang up now.
现在我得挂上电话了。
18. I'm on the other line right now, can I call you back?
我正在接另一个电话,我可以再打过去给您吗?
19. I'm not available to take your call, but please leave your name,
phone number and a brief message.
现在我不能够接听您的电话,请留下您的名字、电话号码和简短的留言。
20. I'll call you back as soon as possible.
我会尽快回您电话的。
Part 2 Short Situational Dialogues
第二部分 短小情景会话
(A)
A:Hello!
您好!
B:Who is this?
您是谁?
A:It' s John. Did you recognize my voice?
我是约翰。您没有听出我的声音吗?
B:Oh! Your voice is different today.
啊!没有,今天您的声音听起来不太一样啊。
A: It's because I am excited. I've got the job offer that I have been
looking forward to.
因为我很兴奋,我得到了期待已久的工作。
(B)
Operator: Rogers Export Company. Can I help you?
接线员:这里是罗杰斯出口公司。您有什么事?
A:Could I speak to Mr. Johnson, please?
我想请约翰逊先生说话。
Operator: sorry, we have two persons with that name here.
接线员:对不起,我们这里有两位叫那个名字的。
A: Oh, Mr. Peter A. Johnson, please.
是彼德 . A .约翰逊先生。
Operator: Sure. One moment, please.
接线员:没问题。马上给您接(稍等)。
Secretary: Mr. Johnson's office. Can I help you?
秘书:约翰逊先生办公室。您有什么事?
A: I'd like to speak to Mr. Johnson, please.
我想和约翰逊先生说话。
Secretary: May I have your name, please?
秘书:您是哪位?
A: Sure. This is Sun Ping of Da Dong Import Company.
我是大东进口公司的孙平。
Secretary: Hold on, please.
秘书:请稍后别挂。
B:Hello, Mr. Sun. Sorry to keep you waiting. How are you?
孙先生,对不起让您久等了。您好吗?
A: I am very well, thank you. How are you, Mr.Johnson.
谢谢您,我很好。您好吗,约翰逊先生?
B: I am just fine, thank you. What can I do for you, Mr. Sun?
我很好,谢谢。孙先生,您有什么事?
A: Well, it's like this. Our general manager Mr. Liu would like to meet
you some time next week.
噢,是这样。我们总经理刘先生想在下个星期和您见个面。
B: Sure. I'm anxious to meet him, too. Did you say next week?
没问题。我也正想和他见面呢!您刚才说下个星期吗?
A: Yes. Will you be free next Monday or Tuesday?
是的。您下周一或周二有空吗?
B: Let me see. I'll have a meeting the whole day next Monday. But I'll
be quite free Tuesday afternoon.
我看看。我下周一整天有会。不过周二下午都有空。
A: Then shall we make it Tuesday afternoon?
那么就定在周二下午行吗?
B: Sure. No problem.
好,没问题。
A: At what time, then?
那么,几点钟呢?
B: Any time after two is OK for me.
我这边两点以后任何时间都行。
A: Shall we make it two thirty?
两点半行吗?
B: Sure. Two thirty is fine with me.
可以,两点半对我正合适。
A: So we'll be at your office at two thirty next Tuesday afternoon.
那我们下周二下午两点半到您的办公室。
B: Ok! I'll be expecting you.
好的,我将恭候你们。
A: Thank you, good-bye.
谢谢,再见。
B: Good-bye.
再见。
Part 3 Key points
第三部分 重点提示
1.用英语打电话要注意的事项
打电话时,因为彼此看不见对方,因而它和一般英语会话有所不同。由于我们平时很少和老外通电话,可能感到很紧张,不知从哪儿说起。那么,当你接电话时,第一句话应该怎么说呢?如果你是在公司上班,第一句话就应该说公司名称和自报家门,再说“May
I help you?”(您有什么事?)下面举个例子。如果你是在ABC软件公司上班,名字叫马丽,当你拿起听筒时,你就说:“ABC soft
ware company, this is Mary speaking. May I help you?”(ABC软件公司,我是马丽,您有什么事?)
报自己的名字时,不能说成“I'm Mary.”。如果是在自己家里接电话,第一句话应说“Hello”,而不能说“This is Mary speaking”了。
在通话之后,与汉语电话就没有什么区别了,但最好说得清楚一点,慢一点,句型不要用不完整英语句型,以免对方误解你的意思。在通话时,还需随时问对方“Are
you with me?”(你还在吗?)或者说“Do you understand what I'm saying?”(您明白我说的是什么吗?)当对方的话你一时没听懂,可以要求对方重说一遍,你可以这样说:“Excuse
me, I didn't quite understand what you said. Would you please repeat yourself,
and speak slower, please?”
在打国际长途电话时,我们还应多用礼貌用语。
2. 在打电话时,我们都应该用“it”或“this”代替“你”或“我”,如果你说“I”,“you”,虽然别人也能听明白,但说明你的电话英语还不地道。在你接电话时,对方正好是要找你听电话,你的回答就应是“This
is (人名) speaking.”。而不能说“Yes, I am.”。这就是英语电话的习惯用语。
3.“telephone”(电话),英美人口语体通常把它说成“phone”,如:a phone call (一个打来的电话), He's
on the phone just now.(他正听着电话呢。)“phone”也可做动词用,如: to phone 或说give sb a
ring. (给某人个电话。) sb 是somebody (某人)的缩写,在词组中可用sb.“phone”还可做“有电话联系”讲,如: I'm
on the phone at home you can ring me up about it. (我家有电话,您可以从电话中告诉我这事。)“我家有电话”这句话不可直译。为:I
have a telephone at home. 英语中是不能这样说的。
Part 4 Words and Expressions
第四单元 单词和习惯用语
telephone calls : 电话
looking forward to : 期待着
recognize : 认出,听出
excited : 兴奋的
dial : 拨电话号码
operator : 接线员
receiver : 话筒
available : 能够
brief : 简短的
export : 出口
secretary : 秘书
import : 进口
general : 总的
manager : 经理
anxious to : 渴望
|